Summary: Have you ever encountered opening a program in your computer and gets this prompt message “the application was unable to start correctly (error 0xc0000005 windows 7 or 10) and every program freezes? Moreover, get a system file error when opening Windows programs? You are not alone with this frequently occurring error code; every user has faced this. Here is a simple guide for you to follow.
7 Fast fixes for The Application was Unable to Start
Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video
• Press and hold Shift Key while clicking.
• Select Troubleshoot and click Advanced Options.
• Go to Startup Settings and click.
• Select Enable Safe Mode with networking or Low-Resolution video.
Check if the application error 0xc0000005 persists.
Perform Clean Boot
• Start PC with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs to determine if the background program interferes with the game or program.
• Make sure you logged on as
• Check what Windows version you are using.
Things to remember before proceeding: few services might have a temporarily functional loss when performing a clean startup. Functionality will come back once you restore the settings. Nevertheless, an application error 0xc0000005 message will possibly appear again. If the PC is connected to a network, policy settings of the network might block the completion of the clean restart procedure. Contact the system administrator when this matter comes.
• Type “msconfig” in the search box when opening the Start Menu, and then hit Enter.
• In the System Configuration Utility window, on the General Tab click Selective Startup.
• Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box. (Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable)
• Click Services Tab.
• Select the Hide All Microsoft Services.
• Click Disable All, and click
• Hit Restart.
Note: If the application error 0xc0000005 perseveres, then the background program or service is not the culprit. To return Windows to Normal startup mode, follow the steps below:
- Type “msconfig” in the search box when opening the Start menu, and then hit Enter.
- On the General Tab, click Normal Startup – load all device drivers and services then click OK.
- Click Restart.
The rationale for this process is Windows in Normal Startup allows some applications and services to start automatically and run in the background. Programs such as basic system processes, antivirus software, system utility applications, and software formerly installed. These applications and services cause interference when installing and running a certain program.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Software
IMPORTANT NOTE: Back up your files before uninstalling the program.
• Go to Control Panel by typing “control panel” in the search box of Start Menu and select Programs and Features.
• Right-click the program and select Uninstall (make sure to complete the process).
• Reinstall the software program.
See if the application error 0xc0000005 persists.
Use ChKDSK Command
In solving hardware issues, try to run CHKDSK command. (WARNING: CHKDSK command will cause data loss, you have to recover the lost data firstly and then use this to fix).
• Type “cmd” for Command Prompt in the search box when opening the Start Menu, and then select Run as administrator.
• In the popup window, type “chkdsk drive letter: /f/r” – put the drive letter assigned in The PC. And then Click Enter when prompted with a warning message, type “Y”.
After, restarting your PC, check if the application error 0xc0000005 is still there.
Update Windows version
To fix present bugs, updating the Windows version will help solve this. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) Microsoft, is one of these. You only have to remember that updating Windows will erase all files. Thus, backup is much needed.
Reinstallation of Microsoft Visual C++ Rredisbutable Packages
Microsoft Visual C++ Rredisbutable Packages allows users to run several programs.
• Go to Start Menu, type “control panel” in the search box and click.
• In the popup window, select Programs and Features.
• Go to Microsoft and reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable.
Repair latest version of .NET Framework
When applications supported by .NET Framework are not properly installed or updated causes the after effects the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005).
• In the search box of Start Menu, type “control panel” and hit
• Select Programs and Features in the Control Panel
• Click Turn Windows features on or off.
• In the pop-up Windows Feature window, select NET Framework 3.5 (include .NET 2.0 and 3.0). Click
After restarting, see if the application error 0xc0000005 persists.
Recover Data with Third-Party Data Recovery Software (If Necessary)
If the above solutions couldn’t work to fix the application was unable to start correctly, you might need to use third-party data recovery software – Bitwar Data Recovery to help you retrieve the important data you lost due to the error.
How to use Bitwar Data Recovery
• Select device or drive where you wish to recover your lost data
• Select a recovery mode, and then choose the file types you want to recover.
• Scan and preview the data, then hit the recover button and save the data into different device or partition.
In this article, we have presented a few fast application error 0xc0000005 fixes you can perform. This error 0xc0000005 Windows 7 or 10 happens in several situations, and you do not need to pay a repair guy.
You can do it by yourself just by doing the seven fast fixes presented. If you find this article helpful, share this to your friends and family, even in your social media account.
Download Bitwar Data Recovery software tool to secure the rest of your files, your best partner tool in avoiding loss of data. Also, visit the official website for more error messages fast fix.