Summary: “The request failed due to a fatal device hardware” error can occur frequently when the SSD/hard drive on your PC is damaged. This can lead to severe data loss. Here you will get the best way to fix this error and restore all the lost data with Bitwar Data Recovery Software.
Are you always getting the “The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error” error on your Windows 7, 8, 10?
Windows displays this error when your hard disk drive or SSD is physically damaged. This puts you in a situation where your operating system is unable to access this drive. So you will not be able to perform any operation like reading/writing on it.
Sometimes the fetal device hardware error is seen frequently in WD, Seagate external hard drives, or SD cards. What you can do is to fix the hard disk and then get back all your data using Free Data Recovery Software.
Possible Causes for “The Request Failed Due to a Fatal Device Hardware” Error
As we discussed earlier, the error is caused mostly because of hard disk corruption or if it is in a bad condition. The possible reasons why this can arise are listed below:
- The hard disk may contain bad sectors, corruption, or wrong mappings.
- The hard drive cable can have faults. So when you connect this faulty hard disk with your PC, data transfer is restricted.
- Loose connections can also lead to this error.
- There can be a hardware fault in your hard disk drive even if the cables are in good condition.
- Try a different USB cable while connecting the drive to your PC.
- Update your drivers right away.
- Try and check after changing drive lettering
Whatever the reason may be, you need to fix the error as soon as possible so that you can at least recover the data stored in your affected hard drive. This is the sole reason you are here and we are here to help. Follow the solutions carefully:
Solution 1: CHKDSK Command
Windows provides disk maintenance tools to handle such issues. This is very simple to initiate and is a common way to fix fatal device hardware errors. This tool is the Diskpart Utility. Here are the steps to follow.
- Boot your PC and click Start on the Desktop. Then click All Programs, followed by Accessories. Now, right-click and use Command Prompt.
- Select Run as administrator. A new Command Prompt will appear.
- In this Command Prompt, type CHKDSK/F and press Enter.
- This command will automatically fix all the file system errors present in the hard disk drive.
- In case, the cause can be the bad sectors, then type CHKDSK/R on the command prompt.
- Reboot your system.
Note: When this CHKDSK command is unable to detect errors, then go to Access Window by pressing Windows + E. Right-click on the drive and click Properties, then go to Tools. Here press Check below Error Checking. This may take a while. Then reboot and try accessing your drive.
Solution 2: Initializing the Hard Disk Drive
If you can’t get access to your hard drive and OS doesn’t recognize the drive, you have to initialize it. It is not a very common procedure but initializing basically takes the help of the Disk Management feature in Windows 10/8. Here are the steps to make it work:
- Open Disk Management by entering diskmgmt.msc for Windows 10/8. In Windows 7 you can get it by selecting Manage by right-clicking on Computer.
- When you see your hard drive, right-click on it and tap Initialize Disk.
- You can choose either (GPT) GUID partition table or simply MBR (Master Boot Record) to initialize the hard drive.
Note: Both these methods are reliable to fix the message of fatal device hard error. But what about your data stored on the drive? There are high chances of losing your data, so it is important to use recovery software like Bitwar Data Recovery to get back all your data.
Solution 3: Recover Data with Data Recovery Tool
You might lose your data while fixing the request failed due to a fatal device hardware error. Sometimes your regular backup options also may not work while trying to fix errors. That is when you need to use a data recovery tool that can back up your data safely.
You can use Bitwar Data Recovery software for Windows or Mac. It is extremely easy to use and can retrieve any type of data without any trouble. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Install Bitwar Data Recovery Software according to your PC system.
Step 2: Launch the software and it will instantly detect all drives on the computer. Select the drive that was fixed from the error. Now, click the Next button to scan the selected drive.
Step 3: Bitwar Data Recovery Software gives you three Scan modes which are the Quick Scan mode, Formatted Recovery Scan, and Deep Scan mode. You can select the desired scan mode.
Go for the Formatted Recovery scan mode for restoring files that were deleted. You can click this when you have completed the Quick Scan. After selecting the suitable mode, click Next.
Step 4: To quicken the process of scanning, Bitwar Data Recovery Software allows you to select the type of files to be retrieved. You can also Select all File Types for recovery. Now click Scan.
Step 5: After scanning, use the Preview option to view all of the needed files.
Step 6: Click on the file that you like to restore and then click Recover. Then assign the destination to which you like to get the files back.
Now you have successfully fixed “the request failed due to a fatal device hardware” error! Along with that, you have also safely recovered the deleted files as well. It is always good to be aware of such issues and how to deal with them. Make sure you keep your hard disk drives and portable drives safe.
Most importantly, remember to keep a backup of your drive data no matter from your external hard drive or SD card, USB flash drives. If you delete the files due to some error, not to worry at all! Because Bitwar Data Recovery software will help you secure your data anytime. Highly recommended tool!
- 4 Easy Solutions to Fix “USB Flash Drive Not Recognized” Error on Windows
- 5 Effective Methods to Resolve the “Internal Hard Drive Recognized as Removable” Issue on Windows 10
- Fixed: Seagate external hard disk light blinking but not detecting
- 5 Solutions to Fix “The Requested Resource Is In Use” Issue
- How to fix the “Folder Access Denied Error on Windows 10”
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?